Balance Update Coming (4/1) – Witch, Flying Machine, Bandit and more!
The way we approach card balance in Clash Royale is a combination of playtesting, listening to the community and looking at the stats. You can expect monthly balance updates to keep gameplay fine tuned and as fun as possible.
In this balance update we’re taking a look at Witch, Flying Machine, Bandit and more!
Witch: Spawns 3 Skeletons when destroyed
In order to make both Witches more similar mechanically, we have added a spawn of 3 Skeletons when the Witch is destroyed. This buff to the under-performing Witch provides a bit of compensation when she goes down!
Flying Machine: Hit Speed reduced 1.0sec -> 1.1sec
Flying Machine has consistently been one of the highest win rate cards in the game, flying (haha) under the radar for the most part. Last month’s Barbarian buff has made Fireball Bait a strong deck (as intended) but it nudges Flying Machine just a bit over 60% win rate, so we are slowing down the Hit Speed slightly to bring it more in-line with other cards in that deck.
Ram Rider: Snare Movement Reduction reduced 100% -> 85%
Ram Rider’s Bola can be a very frustrating debuff that appears to some players as a bug or full stun. We wanted to reduce the repeating full-slow element against cards like Hog Rider. Therefore Ram Rider’s Bola will greatly reduce, but not fully stop, enemy Troops.
Giant Skeleton: First Attack faster 0.5sec -> 0.3sec, Mass increased 15 -> 18 (harder to move/push)
Giant Skeleton could use a few ‘quality of life’ boosts. We are happy with his Hitpoints and Damage, but a faster first attack should help him inch closer to the Tower, especially against small swarms like 1-cost Skeletons. On defense, a heavier mass will allow him to hold his ground better against incoming Giants, as his big bones won’t be pushed around so easily.
Bandit: Hitpoints -4%
Bandit remains one of the strongest two-way cards in the game, often connecting with the Tower with the tiniest sliver of Hitpoints. For only 3-cost she is outshining the other melee cards, so we are giving her a small reduction in Hitpoints.
Goblin Hut: Spawn Speed increased 4.75sec -> 4.5sec
Recently Lava Hound has risen in popularity, while one of the best buildings to counter a slow moving air assault has been on the sidelines. Increasing the Spear Goblin count from 11 to 12 will make Goblin Hut a more formidable counter to Lava Hound decks and other tanky pushes.
Let us know what you think about these changes below!
See you in the Arena,
The Clash Royale Team
Enter the Arena! From the creators of Clash of Clans comes a real-time multiplayer game starring the Royales, your favorite Clash characters and much, much more. Collect and upgrade dozens of cards featuring the Clash of Clans troops, spells and defenses you know and love, as well as the Royales: Princes, Knights, Baby Dragons and more.
Knock the enemy King and Princesses from their towers to defeat your opponents and win Trophies, Crowns and glory in the Arena. Form a Clan to share cards and build your very own battle community. Clash Royale Hack
Lead the Clash Royale Family to victory! FEATURES
- Duel players from around the world in real-time in both 1v1 and 2v2 Battles
- Earn chests to unlock rewards, collect powerful new cards and upgrade existing ones
- Destroy opponent’s towers and win Crowns to earn epic Crown chests
- Build and upgrade your card collection with the Clash Royale Family along with dozens of your favorite Clash troops, spells and defenses
- Construct your ultimate Battle Deck to defeat your opponents
- Progress through multiple Arenas all the way to the top
- Form a Clan to share cards and build your very own battle community
- Challenge your Clanmates and friends to a private duel, or play side-by-side in a 2v2 Battle
- Work together with your Clan to unlock Clan Chests
- Take on daily and weekly Quests for big rewards
- Play new events every week
- Learn different battle tactics by watching the best duels on TV Royale