Clash Royale Crown Towers
We have compiled Clash Royale Crown Towers for you.
- The Princess Tower is a ranged Tower that attacks opposing troops and can attack both air and ground units.
- Princess Towers are classified as buildings and because of this, they will be directly targeted by troops like Giants, Hog Riders, Golems, and Wall Breakers.
- Each player has a pair of 3×3 size Princess Towers on their respective side of the map, one on the left and one on the right of the King’s Tower.
- Destroying an opposing Princess Tower awards a player a Crown and grants the player additional territory across the river (commonly called a “pocket”) where cards can be cast upon (the Royal Recruits card needs both Princess Towers to be destroyed to be deployed in the pocket).
- The level of your Towers is equivalent to your King Level.
- The Princess Tower’s hitpoints and damage are increased by roughly +8% per level when upgrading from level 1 to level 9 and roughly +10% per level from level 9 to level 13.
- Since cards’ damage, hitpoints and healing increase by +10% per level, max level (13) gameplay is practically identical to tournament standard (9) gameplay (only the Rage whose duration increases by level, and the Lumberjack who drops the Rage, are truly stronger at higher levels). At lower levels Princess Towers are slightly stronger compared to cards.
- For example, a Princess Tower will one shot the same level Fire Spirits at level 8 or below, but not at level 9 or above. Also, a level 3 Rocket will take 17.2% of the health of a level 3 Princess Tower while a maxed Rocket will take 19.5% of the health of a maxed Princess Tower.
- Princess Towers, along with the King’s Tower, receive 65% reduced damage from spells and 60% reduced damage from the Miner.
- The Princess Towers’ attack speed can be increased by a Rage spell like all other offensive buildings and troops.
- The Princess Towers have an attack range that is 0.5 tiles longer and a hit speed that is 0.2 seconds faster than the King’s Tower.
- The Princess Tower resembles the Archer Tower in Clash of Clans.
- According to one of the Loading Screen Hints in-game, the Princess Towers are guarded by the King’s Princesses.
- However, they have decreased range versus a normal Princess, have a faster hit speed, deal less damage, and don’t have splash damage as they don’t appear to have multiple arrows when shot. It is possible that the Princesses on the Princess Towers deal less damage than normal Princesses because their arrows aren’t on fire.
- Before the November 2016 update, they had a different appearance than the Princess.
- The November Update slightly modified the shooting animation of the Princess atop the Princess Tower. The animation now appears smoother and the Princess now leans backward more clearly before shooting. The appearance also changed so now it looks like a normal Princess.
- They were previously named Arena Towers. The June 2017 Update renamed them to Princess Towers.
- Their crowns were changed from gold to silver in the December 2017 Update.
“The King’s Tower is the most important tower in a battle; don’t let the enemies get to it! If it is destroyed, you lose immediately!”
- Each player has a 4×4 King’s Tower, located at the center back of their side of the map, 1 tile from the back.
- Destroying it automatically grants the player who destroys it 3 Crowns and ends the game.
- The level of the player’s Tower is equivalent to their King Level. The King’s Towers’ hitpoints and damage are increased by approximately 7% and 8% respectively per level up to level 9. From level 10 onwards, both of these statistics are increased by roughly 10% per level.
- The King’s Tower is not able to attack until it is damaged or either of the player’s Princess Towers are destroyed. The Tower’s defense is a cannon, which can target air and ground troops.
- The King’s Tower is classified as a building and will be targeted by Giants, Royal Giants, Lava Hounds, Hog Riders, Balloons, Golems, Ice Golems, Royal Hogs and Goblin Giants directly.
- The King’s Tower, along with the Princess Towers, receives 65% reduced damage from spells and 60% reduced damage from the Miner.
- The King’s Tower’s attack speed can be increased by Rage.
- When using splash spells like the Fireball and Arrows, don’t hit the King’s Tower, as doing so will activate the king before destroying a tower, giving the defender a significant advantage. It is possible, though usually impractical, to use high damage spells such as the Rocket or Lightning to directly destroy the King’s tower.
- When using the Miner, Graveyard, or the Goblin Barrel to eliminate a building, the Skeletons, Goblins or the Miner might activate the King’s Tower if they are placed too close to it.
- In the May 2016 Update, the King Tower’s range was reduced to 7 (from 8) but its effective range was unchanged.
- On 30/11/16, Supercell released special offers for iOS only, known as the (HERO PACK)RED and (POUCH OF GEMS)RED. Players who purchased either of these offers would gain red decorations around their King’s Tower until 6/12/16.
- On 6/8/18, the King Tower’s damage was increased such that it equaled the damage of the Princess Towers.
- Many spells, such as the Fireball, seem to come from the King’s Tower, despite there being no clear place they could launch from.
- The King’s Tower and the Princess Towers are collectively referred to as “Crown Towers”.
- Though very rare, a 3 Crown draw can be attained when both players’ King’s Towers are destroyed at the same time.
- Oddly, the King‘s Tower’s cannon did less damage than the Princess Towers’ bows at all levels except level 1. However, this was fixed in the August 2018 Balance Update, though the King’s DPS is still inferior to the Princess Towers’, having a longer hit speed (1 v.s. 0.8 sec).
- Although Cannons themselves can only target ground, the King Tower’s cannon can target both air and ground. This might be because the cannon is elevated on the tower.
- At level 8 or higher, the King’s Tower has less hitpoints than a same level Golem.
- If two buildings are placed in front of the King’s Tower, a building-targeting troop such as a Golem will target the King’s Tower after destroying these two buildings. This puts the opponent at an advantage as the death damage of a Golem or Golemite or a hit landed by a Hog Rider can activate the King’s Cannon, once again giving a significant advantage. A Tornado could also drag the troop to the King’s Tower after it has destroyed the first building.
- According to a Clash Royale FAQ, it is said that the King uses Elixir based beard oil with pine scent to keep his perfect facial hair.
- Even though the king stands behind the turret, he doesn’t seem to be controlling it. Rather, the turret seems to automatically aim at enemies.
- A special form of the King’s Tower, which looks like two regular King’s Towers side by side and connected to each other, is used in 2v2 mode.
- The King is the subject of a set of Emotes, which is the only set available from the start of the game.