Clash Royale Royal Recruits Card
The Royal Recruits card is unlocked from the Royal Arena (Arena 7). It spawns six single-target, melee-ranged troops with medium hitpoints and damage and shields in addition to their normal health. The Royal Recruits are deployed in a long horizontal line spanning the Arena. The Royal Recruits card costs 7 Elixir to deploy.
“Deploys a line of recruits armed with spears, shields and wooden buckets. They dream of ponies and one day wearing metal buckets.”
Elixir Cost: 7
Arena: Royal Arena
Release Date: 7 August 2018
- The Royal Recruits are a powerful defensive card because of how they are deployed, allowing good defense from troops coming from both lanes.
- This can stop a large number of split lane pushes since each Recruit has a decent amount of health and damage.
- They can also distract some air troops, buying time to counter them.
- Treat the Royal Recruits like Guards when countering high damage units such as the P.E.K.K.A., Mini P.E.K.K.A., and Sparky.
- Remember that despite their horizontal formation, they can be split in different ways by shifting the central tile of their deploy pattern to the left or right.
- When dealing with them, use splash damage cards, such as a Wizard or Valkyrie to counter one or both recruit pushes due to their number, especially if there is a four recruit push.
- On 27/7/18 prior to the card’s general release, a maintenance break increased its Elixir cost to 8 (from 6).
- The Royal Recruits card was added to the game on 7/8/18.
- On 3/9/18 a Balance Update increased the Royal Recruits damage by 12%, and allowed the Royal Recruits to be split to 2-4 or 4-2.
- On 3/12/18, a Balance Update decreased the Royal Recruits elixir cost to 7 (from 8), but also decreased their hit speed to 1.3 seconds (from 1.2 sec).
- The Royal Recruits’ description indicates that while they’re newly recruited low-ranked soldiers, when they get promoted to a higher rank, they will become Dark Princes.
- The Royal Recruits card is the 4th card in the game to have “Royal” in its name.
- Costing 7 Elixir, it is the most expensive Common Card in the game.